Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Art

New Orleans has quite a bit of artists all over the city showing off their skills. It makes me wish that I could be that artistic but if you give me a canvas and brush, I wouldn’t even know where to begin. While I was on Royal Street, I walked into many different shops but my favorite one was Sutton Galleries. The gentlemen who worked in the gallery were very nice. In fact, one of them tried to convince us to buy one of the paintings, but they were way out of our price range by about 15,000 dollars. 

Dupuy painting 
These paintings were very unique because they appeared to be 3D, like they were just jumping at you and so full of vibrant color. She had paintings of trees, wolves, flowers, and more. The artists name was Isabelle Dupuy, a French Contemporary Landscape Artist. Dupuy was born and raised in the South of France, but has art in the Sutton gallery. They say that she currently lives in Houston, Texas and is continuing her paintings there. 

Truly, I couldn’t say which painting I liked more because they were all beautiful and had so much life to it. They brought a sense of peace and happiness when you looked at them. The paintings made you feel like you were standing right there staring at the scene while she was painting. The way Mrs. Dupuy blends her colors and creates a thickness of her paint making a 3D image is spectacular. 

Honestly, if I could afford a painting like this, I would buy it to keep in my bedroom because just looking at it will brighten up any room and bring a smile to your face. There’s such peace and joy sitting and looking at her paintings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment