Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Music

Music means something different to everyone. There are so many different types of music and ways to play. Being in the city of New Orleans gave me the opportunity to see many different types of music like gentleman playing on buckets making beats, dancing with things on their shoes and clapping making beats, jazz, alternative, and so much more. I’m not the best at identifying types of music other than country or hip-hop or rap so I didn’t always know what I was listening to. There were so many artists on the street and preforming in bars, especially on Frenchman Street.

Birthday Song
There was a good band that was playing in 39/30 on Frenchman Street which played what I would call Alternative music. There was a lead singer, drummer, guitar player, and trumpet. They sounded really good together and offered something different than what you hear on the radio at home. 

Although, one of my favorite musical experiences was one that I got to be a part of at BB Kings. The band was called Willie Lockett & The Blue Krewe. It’s a group of 4 males. These gentlemen found out that it was mine and Brynna’s birthday, therefore they invited us on stage to sing “Happy Birthday” to us while Brynna played the cowbell and I played tambourine. This was something special for us and it was a unique way of singing happy birthday. 

The music that I heard was different than what I hear on the radio and I appreciated getting to hear other styles of music and learning about the different groups of individuals here. I wish that I had the chance to see more music within the bars or at Preservation Hall, but I didn’t. Although, from my other classmates, I heard that everyone had a great time and heard some wonderful music. Overall, I truly enjoyed hearing the different types of music while I was there. I hope nothing but the best for the individuals who are performing in New Orleans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment